10 signatures reached
To: Leeds Metropolitan University Board of Governors
Divest Leeds Met From Fossil Fuels
We the undersigned, call on Leeds Metropolitan University to:
1. Move the money
- Screen for and exclude the fossil fuel industry from your investment portfolio
- Immediately freeze any new investment in fossil fuel companies
- Divest from the fossil fuel industry and shift funds to lower risk, ethical investments within 5 years
2. Stop the greenwash
- Publish full details of your financial and other ties to the fossil fuel industry
- Stop giving out honorary degrees to fossil fuel industry CEOs (and start giving more to real leaders!)
- Stop accepting sponsorship and advertising from fossil fuel companies
3. Support a clean energy future for all
- Provide Leeds Met students with ethical careers advice and opportunities
- Refocus our research & expertise on climate solutions and phase out climate-damaging fossil fuel research
Demand more research funding for renewables from fossil fuel companies and government
Why is this important?
Universities have a responsibility to their students and other stakeholders to invest ethically and responsibly in our future.
By investing in Fossil Fuels your university is creating an unsustainable and dangerous future for us all.