(1) To freeze their current investments in the fossil fuel industry and related industries;
(2) To divest these over a 3 year-period;
(3) To adopt binding socially and environmentally responsible investment policy;
(4) To have proper student representation on the committee responsible for formulating said policy;
(5) To endorse the divestment campaign through public statements, including calling on other universities to engage in fossil fuel divestment:
Why is this important?
Our only hope to stop catastrophic climate change is through a massive grassroots campaign to halt fossil fuel production. Concordia divesting from fossil fuels will send a strong message and will help in building the momentum needed to create the oppositional force that will take on the fossil fuel industry and their lackies in government.
of 100 signatures
Sign the petition
The CYCC does not share your information with unaffiliated groups without your explicit permission. Information provided to the Fossil Free Canada campaign may be shared with partner organizations to track open rates and click-throughs from mail-outs to their list. For petitions and campaign sign-ons, you will also be connected with local organizers and petition creators. We will use lists generated through this to update you on this campaign, and you may unsubscribe at any time.